Monday, January 03, 2011

Day 3 of 362

So far, so good. Not many projects got done today, but a fair bit of errands got accomplished (more than usual).


Looking back at my attempts to write about things "sartorial", I've come to the realization that I have a LOT more to learn than I can convey. There are better authorities on the subject who blog, and my "musings" are coming off like rambling narcissism anyway.


So, that leaves me with writing about things I know with some authority, mostly games, music, and running a specialty-oriented retail establishment (which sells games, go figure).


My lovely wife came in and sent me home early. She knows how busy I can be and she knows when I need a break before I do usually. That's one of the reasons I love her. =)


Right now, we are sort of in slow scramble mode. Our business has grown a LOT over the last year or so, and we are now looking at hiring a part-time employee or two. Small problem... Since we've never had employees before, we have nothing written in the way of procedures and policies. I cleaned when I had time and something looked like it needed it. We were the only ones handling money and we're not going to steal from ourselves. Inventory is handled once a year, after early February, and we handled that together.


My main projects for the next day or so is to get a cleaning schedule put together, followed shortly by the skeleton of a shift schedule. Eleven years of food service management pretty much means that neither of these tasks will be too difficult for me. It's mostly finding the time to commit it all to paper and have it all laminated for repeat use.


Amongst all this I need to find time to write some e-mails and go look at bigger spaces. We have thirteen months left on our lease, so putting together an exit strategy is sort of a priority with us. Our last move was made with about three weeks of warning and while we came out of it with flying colors it's not an experience I want to repeat again.


Well, time to grind again. Break time is over. Until tomorrow, y'all take care...


peace... GopherDave

No comments:

Post a Comment