Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Day 172 of 362

This shot is kind off and different from usual, but you can see the ice cream bucket of dice that I don't use over my shoulder...

...and this is the more "Traditional" shot....

Okay... Busy day today as I actually got an early start and have the order received in the system, priced, put away, and the store ready for open. I rock! =P

One thing I want to accomplish today is heading out to the big, blue box and picking up the CD from In Flames, Sounds of a Playground Fading. I was disappointed with the last album (A Sense of Purpose), but I will give them another chance. If this one fall into the "meh" category though, I may stop buying their albums. Just sayin'...

Also on the music front, but from a more literary standpoint, one of my West Coast friends sent me a copy of We Are Devo! (Thanks, KP!) It's an unauthorized biography of the formation on one America's most influential (also most underappreciated) bands. I found it to be a dense and heady read, and even a Spud like me learned a little bit more behind how this "musical art collective" and the ideas they generated were formed. The book is denounced by the band, especially Gerald Casale, but that's understandable. This books makes him look like a lying, manipulative tool.

-- GopherDave

No comments:

Post a Comment