Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Lack of Productivity...


Not much happened today. Nor did much happen on my day off yeasterday. I'll be honest, ten years ago what I accomplished yesterday would have been considered a full day in my book at the time. I went and worked out and I did orders at the store. Then, I fought my body all day to stay awake and did not do much else.

Now... I feel I could have done so much more yesterday and today than I did and have. Three years of working 70+ hour weeks running the store mostly by myself has really shown me what I can truly accomplish in a typical day. Currently, with the hiring of employees and the lessening of my hours there, it's like I have forgotten how to relax and enjoy life. It's kind of sad, really.

I did get a slice of real life back tonight, though. I took my two favorite ladies (Loquacious and Pumpkin) out for a scoop of custard. Yes, it was no good for the diet, but it was a fantastic summer night with beautiful weather, and it felt good just hanging out in front of the custard place enjoying the town and the moment in time. It was a good vibe.

Maybe, I can find another one soon...

-- GopherDave

2 comments:

  1. A scoop of custard. Frozen, in a cone, like ice cream? I've never heard of that. Is that an Illinois thing, or something new?
    It's ok to have those days in which you just serve customers and do the orders, sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, Delf... Frozen custard is not new at all. It might be a Midwestern thing, though. I'm not certain. Either way, it's REALLY good, and you should try some when you have the chance, and yes... Frozen... in a cup or a cone, or mixed "Blizzard"-style with goodies... like ice cream... but so much better.

    ReplyDelete