Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Sick, Wobbly, But Still Going...


Last night, my left knee (the worse of the two bad ones) started giving issues. It wasn't stable, and many times the joint felt Daniel-san in the one-legged Crane stance on the dock post. Totally wobbly and just unsure of itself. Oh, and painful. Very, very painful. When I went to bed last night, I was hoping that some rest would help it.

The rest did help the knee, but it still hurts. Also, I woke up with the beginnings of some sort of head cold. Yay. So, basically, I'm feeling like crap, but I managed to drag myself into work today (though I did have Skribl on stand-by, just in case).

Looking over the ruleset that I've been working on last night, there are only a few more things to do before I begin working on the setting/genre modules. Most of what is left should be simple. As for the setting stuff, the hardest one I have to work on is pretty much complete as far a rules go. Fantasy that has any form of a magic system is typically the most difficult genre to lock in place in terms of rules. However, since the rules are being extracted from a fantasy game I ran a few years back, the bulk of the work is already done. I just have to fine tune it all. The western stuff should be easy as it is grounded in a "mostly realistic" outlook. The bulk of the modern-day stuff should also be a snap.

Really, the largest bulk of work will be the science-fiction/space opera thing I have going on. Work on races other than human (the fantasy world I have is totally human-centric), psionics, and vehicular space combat are the big chunks of work that will need to be done. I'm fairly certain I can get it all done. I just have to do it...

...And being sick doesn't help me get it done. Bleh.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I've been home sick the past three days with some kinda headcold/crud I picked up over the weekend. Good luck and get well soon.

    ReplyDelete