Tuesday, March 19, 2013

T-Minus 12 Days...


Things move slowly with the... uhhh, move.

There are a number of things we cannot do until after the actual move, including inspections for building occupancy limits and fire stuff.

There are some things I am trying to line up in terms of ducks and rows, like getting whatever requisite "change of address" forms from distributors. I do find it odd that while some places make it as simple as a phone call, others want you to "re-apply" for an account. That seems backward and is more than a touch frustrating. It is, however, the cost of doing business.

Today, I have busied myself at the store with placing orders and trying to sort a chunk of the MtG cards that have come in over the last week or so. Later on, I will be scanning some fixture sites to see if I can time the arrival of some slatwall panels to coincide with a time I will be prepping the new space and will have the help to unload the shipment when it shows up. Last time I paid for "driver assist" not knowing that all that means is they will move it from the front of the trailer to the back of the trailer. One then has to unload it from the trailer into the store one's own self. With my spine, that ain't happening anytime soon.

Not much is going on beyond that, but I do need to get back to work... ciao.

-- GopherDave

No comments:

Post a Comment