Friday, July 26, 2013

Time? What time...


Another day, another Friday...

We recently found out that we will have another game store opening up in town soon. From what we can tell, the projected opening is happening in about 3-5 weeks, but we have no idea where in town they will be. This will be part of a small chain of stores from the NW suburbs of Chi-Town. According to all accounts, it will be a company store, not a franchise, which means they can pour profits from five going stores into the store located here until it either succeeds or they determine that they are throwing good money after bad. Either way, it should be fun.

I was also supposed to work on game stuff last night, but ended up talking to a cousin I hadn't spoken to in about 15 years or so. It was good catching up, but it will probably be another decade or so before we talk again. We're two very different people with very little in common anymore besides kinship. It is what it is.

That all said, it also meant that I got exactly ZERO prep work done for the Champions game I am running Saturday night. With it being Friday, I will be here until about 3:30AM or so, and am scheduled to open at 11:00AM. So I could either sleep, or work on game stuff. Knowing me, I will probably try to work on game stuff and stay up until late Saturday night for I am stupid like that.

Go me!  =P

-- GopherDave

4 comments:

  1. Gopher Mafia for life. That's all I have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another game store? Interesting I guess... Have to wonder if the Chicago folks are prepared for the extremely seasonal nature of Campus. Have to say your setup you have is vastly superior to anything a start-up could come up with...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the problem with this is, as Dave has said, they can pour a lot of money into this store, it could really screw with the other stores in town. And then if the profits aren't what they want they close up and we are left with nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. FunDave: Thank you for your support, my friend!

    Paul: With five other stores to draw from, I have a feeling it'll be a really well-stocked start-up. That said, depending on where they set up, the seasonal nature may indeed get to them.

    Anonymous: Yeah, that is a fear of mine. That said, if they happen to drive us and the other current store out of business, and then go out of business themselves afterward, it won't take long for another store to open up.

    ReplyDelete