Thursday, August 21, 2014

72 Days Gone...

It's been 72 days since my last post... So much for "rebirth". I still have not replaced the camera, and while my phone can take pictures, I hate taking "mirror selfies" and I can't see the touch screen while trying to actually snap the photos, so I frequently send my phone back to the home page... sigh...

Life-wise, the store is still the store... Could be better... could be a lot worse. I'm doing okay. I am (badly) following a diet to try and shed some of my 325 pounds, which is the largest I've ever been. It's the most I've ever weighed, and it means I've outgrown the bulk of "the uniform". Not sure what to do there except try to lose weight and exercise in my "copious spare time".

Back in early July, "Bullet", my car of ten years was totaled. It was twelve years old, but it still ran well enough to get me from point A to point B. No, it was parked on the street minding its own business one Saturday morning when someone hit it and drove off. The police found the guy, but the damage was done. With the help of some friends, the car situation was rectified in short order, but it was hard to say goodbye to an old friend. Bullet deserved a better ending than that.

Game-wise, there's good news and bad news. The good news is that my homebrew fantasy campaign, has not only stabilized, but has gained direction and steam. The bad news is that my current Champions game is about to go through its second reboot in a year. It lacked direction, and has suffered through spotty attendance (both players *AND* GM) and questionable plot choices on my part. I'm hoping this attempt at the kickstart will take hold, because if it doesn't, I'm going to stick a fork in it and call it done.

And that is a written snapshot into what has been happening as of late... Hopefully the next one comes sooner than 72 days, hmmmm?

(next deadline for post...  November 2nd, 2014)  =P

-- GopherDave

No comments:

Post a Comment