Friday, October 26, 2012

Wear And Tear...

This was for Thursday...

...and this is for Friday where I wore a lot of brown to combat the gray day outside. I'm not entirely sure it works that way, though.

It was another one of those days where I had started a blog post and then totally forgotten to finish it.

Not really much to report. We've spent the last two days scrambling to find replacements for our RPG shelves at the store. I will admit that I cheaped out on them initially, but what I had bought looked good and fit with the rest of the decor direction we were trying to move in. Well, it wasn't long before we had shelves giving out under the weight of the product that was being placed on them. We babied them as long as we could until we got to a point where one of the shelves was pretty much irreparable.

Enter new shelves.

What we have now is rated for 150 pounds per shelf. Probably not what we need by about 75 pounds, but much better than we had. However, they are bulky, plastic, and ugly. Our other options were bulky, metal, and uglier, or pretty, metal, and would tear up product as people browsed with the removal and re-insertion of books.

I am on the lookout for a more permanent and aesthetically pleasing solution. I found one, but it would be $500 a shelf and the shelves would not be rated for near the weight we would need.

We are open to suggestions...

-- GopherDave

2 comments:

  1. You wore brown to combat grey? Isn't that like throwing mud on a dirty window to clean it?

    :p Just teasin'.

    Ugly but effective shelving brings back memories. Ah retail. I do miss it sometimes.

    ReplyDelete