Saturday, January 05, 2013

*BONK*


Blogger was going bonk early Friday morning and would not let me upload pictures. Turns out it was an issue with Internet Explorer. One quick switch to Google Chrome for a few moments, and the problem was worked around, but not with enough time to actually post something before my day started...

...Then the day hit...

Friday was one of those days where if I could mentally have it back, I would do so in a heartbeat. It was one thing after another, beginning with a can of root beer and gravity conspiring to attack Skribl, to shipments that were supposed to be here yesterday and shipments that were not due for another couple of days all hitting at once, to some customers who were less than decisive on what they wanted (I was patient, but it was wearing thin quickly), and a couple of other shenanigans, it made for a mentally taxing day.

It is 3AM Saturday as I write this. I have to be back at the store in eight hours. There is still a metric crap-tonne of work waiting for me when I get there. I also am looking at my schedule and wondering when I am going to have a chance to work on game stuff like I need to.

Don't get me wrong. I absolutely *LOVE* what I do for a living and am fully aware that in the grand scheme of careers, mine does not suck. I just hate it when I encounter a day that feels like it was a metaphorical Mack truck in disguise...

-- GopherDave

No comments:

Post a Comment