Tuesday, March 12, 2013

I Am Not Dead, Just Dodging Bombs Of Various Sizes...

Guess who's back... back again...

...And rocking the socks that match the tie, thank you very much...
Okay... I know it has been a while. In the interim, not much has happened.

The bulk of the gaming I was supposed to be involved in has pretty much fallen through as life has been dropping the proverbial rocks upon myself, my family, and my friends. On top of that (or because of it), I have been dealing with a major depressive downswing.

As such, not much has been getting done beyond just maintaining. DICEBAG, while receiving some great feedback, has had no work done on it. Most of my free time that I have managed to carve out has been spent just trying to get things done at the store.

I believe I am pulling out of the downswing and I am hoping to get some game-oriented work done, provided nothing jumps out and demands my attention to the point of keeping my mind occupied.

Mostly, though, today's post is let y'all know I'm still breathing...

-- GopherDave

2 comments:

  1. Downswings come and go but gaming is forever. ;)

    In all honesty GD, I know where you are coming from. Aside from my gaming, it sometimes feels like nothing is going right.

    Then I remember, I'm here, I'm in decent health and shape, my family loves me, my friends love me/like me (depending on how close a friend we're talkin' about) and I have a great dog (I really do).

    All else comes round for a turn and then goes back. Stay positive and can't wait to see what's next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's next? Next?!?

    Hell, I don't want what's next. I just want some breathing room from it all.

    I do have great family, friends, and dog. Health? Ehhh... it could be better. Shape? Round is a shape, right? =P

    Truthfully, if my gaming life were more up to snuff, I'd be doing better. Part of what is happening to me is due to the fact that my (role-playing) gaming life is in a shambles at this point in time, and shows no hope of getting better anytime soon.

    Breathe in... Breathe out... Wax on... Wax off...

    It's just another day...

    ReplyDelete