Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Day 242 of 362


Hey there... It's shipment day at Gopher, so that means an early start. Things were a good kind of steady last night from a business perspective, and that always puts me in a good mood. Tonight, we have a couple of RPGs (War of the Dead (Savage Worlds) and Verdant Vale (D&D4Ee)), so there should be about 10 people or so milling about for the duration.

Looking at the "count", I realize that I am two-thirds the way through this project/resolution of personal upgrade. This "blog" was started as a personal accountability tool for myself to keep me on "the path", so to speak, and to that end, it's worked beautifully. I'm now starting to think what's going to happen at the end of the year. The resolution has pretty much become habit with me, but do I really need to continue to take pictures and write about it after year's end?

Part of me would like to say no, thinking the habit will carry on. I do know myself, however, and if something/someone is not holding me accountable for things, I *WILL* slack. Hmmm... something to posit and ponder over the next couple of months.

-- GopherDave

3 comments:

  1. Please continue. Your focus on it each day has actually help keep my focus on my own improvement as well. Your blog is a reminder to me that someone else is trying everyday to climb a similar hill. Obviously do what you want but your blog has helped out at least one other fellow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done so far, GopherDave! Hmm, I wonder if there's a way you could adapt or expand your resolution for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well...

    I had been thinking about fewer pictures of what I am wearing and trying to do more real content. However, my time is such that any content with "more meat" would be sporadic at best, much like it is now.

    It is nice to hear that I am making a difference in someone's life (other than my own).

    As for continuing the habit/resolution, it'll most likely continue. Our customers (regulars and new folks) deserve to interact with someone who looks and acts like they care... about the business... about themselves... about customer needs and concerns... and cares about the customers in general.

    Now that I have gotten myself upgraded, I need to work on upgrading potential employees. I hate polo shirts, but making a hired gun wear what I wear daily would probably be overkill. I'll figure out something for that.

    Oddly, I've had a fair number of requests to sell the Gopher sweater vests... I honestly thought I was the only one living in the 80's fashion-wise... =P

    ReplyDelete