Friday, March 16, 2012

Reconnecting...


Last night, I left the store in Skribl and Loq's hands and went home. I did some laundry and waited for the girl to get home from a school concert. Once she did, we ate some late dinner, watched some March Madness,and just hung out.

During the evening, she was on the couch, half asleep, and I told her to go to bed. She replied... "I'm tired, but I want to hang out with you, Dad. It's been a long time since we've been able to just chill out together on a regular basis."

It about broke my heart... and illustrates that in building up the store for the local gaming community, I'm not the only one who made sacrifices. My family has given up a lot in that they really have been without a husband/father for the better part of three years. With the advent of employees and the shifting of schedules, I'm starting to come back to them...

...Just in time I think...

-- GopherDave

1 comment: