Monday, March 12, 2012

Stupid Maturity...


Okay... I'm not sure when this happened,but I'm going to try to connect some dots.

I'm not scheduled to work the store today. I'm completely off of the schedule. However, I've been trying to rework our order schedule to where we're doing orders from our primary supplier twice a week, once on Mondays and once on Thursdays.

So, I'm getting ready to head into the store for a bit so I can take care of the order and a few other things. Now, I'm getting ready, and I begin to think that since I'm not going to be actually working the store today, I just need to be presentable. Hence I grab a shirt and some jeans and go do the shower/shave thing. Getting dressed and tossing on the shirt and jeans, I look... incomplete. So I go looking for one of my crew neck sweaters to toss over it all. I can't find either of the two that still currently fit me, so I grab one of the many Gopher vests I have and toss that on. The overall look *STILL* looks unfinished to me... *sigh* On goes the tie... and it finally looks put together to me.

Then I started to think about this a bit deeper. Anymore, to me casual means wearing jeans instead of khakis/dress pants, with the tie being optional... If I'm in for the night, then a T-shirt with jeans/sweat pants/shorts is okay. If I'm going to a concert, a t-shirt and jeans works. It seems I've found my general look for this stage of my life, though. It's one that I've toyed with and cultivated for some time, now, but it seems to have passed from the "uniform/can't-wait-to-take-it-off-when-I-get-home" stage to the "this-is-who-I-am" stage.

Odd... very, very odd...

-- GopherDave

No comments:

Post a Comment