Friday, August 10, 2012

Tipping Points...


It's already been a somewhat busy day at the store and the day isn't even half over. It'll be a good day once it's done, but I have to survive it first.

Thinking about the impending convention has got me realizing just how much I need this "vacation". I need to get in some solid role-playing. I am only in one game that meets consistently, and that game just had a system upheaval due to playtest concerns of the GM/Author of the setting. I liked my previous character in the setting, and had some emotional investment in him. Now I have a new character (which I do like) but since he is new, there is less care on my end whether he lives or dies yet. He is still in the "numbers on a page"-stage for me. Eventually, he may make it into a place where I care about his "death", but it may not be for a bit, yet.

As for running games, I am not running a thing and my mind is starting to feel it. I am working on things for the local convention in January, but I need something going soon, or I am going to lose it big time. It's like there is a part of myself that I have lost touch with and I'm not certain how to get back.

It's an ugly feeling, and I do not like it in the slightest...

-- GopherDave

2 comments:

  1. Superheroes...you need to run a superhero game again.....whooooooooo....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have thought about it, but I have not been able to find a system that fits my current time availability to work on things (like NPCs) and get them done for game in a timely manner.

    I do loves me some capes, though...

    ReplyDelete