Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Waking Up With The House On Fire...


Day 2... Step 2...

Lately, things have been rough from a business standpoint. I won't lie. A new competitor hit the scene and has really given us what for. In an effort to retain the business they were taking away from us, we altered and evolved our approach to be more like them. Then, out of blue morass of one of the longest depression fits I've dealt with in recent memory, a thought occurred to me...

I had lost sight of who I was as a person, and by extension, lost sight of what our store is as a business.

We had become a poor imitation of another store, and we've never been that. Armored Gopher Games has always been uniquely... Gopher.

So it shall be again... It is going to take a long time to recover from the mess I've led it to, but I, as a person, and we, as a store, are no longer going to concern ourselves with what "they do over there". We're going to concentrate on what we can do to make our store better...

Which is as it should be...

peace... GopherDave

4 comments:

  1. Dude, I could tell that something was amiss with you but didn't know what to do about it. I guess I should have just asked you. You do know that you can always talk to me. That goes for other of Gopher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I get like that, it's hard for anyone to help...

      I'm not the most approachable person to begin with, and depression just makes me even more difficult and intractable. Asking me probably wouldn't have gotten either one of us anywhere...

      I have been talking to folks, but talking doesn't always help if I don't realize just how far up my backside my head is. That realization had to come first, and it had to be all me...

      I do appreciate the thoughts, though. =)

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to it! As one of the non MtG players, have to admit I did not pay any attention at all to the new place opening up... Good Luck and please let us know if there is anything we can do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Outside of the obvious "buy more stuff"... =P

      Trust me, I am trying to be more open about others helping. The "brain trust" and I have to get a plan together before we really know what areas we'll need help in. We'll be working on that soon...

      Delete