Thursday, September 18, 2014

More Progress... the Asylum

After a delay of a day due to some shenanigans at the store which interrupted a night off, I have finished the game mechanic bits for the Asylum. Next up are a group overview and backgrounds for the individual members, plus all the fiddly bits like quotes, appearance descriptions, etc.

Depending on what happens later on today, I should be able to finish the backgrounds for at least one of the characters, if not two. Given the group, they are a mixed bag of nuts, but they can be scary because they have a purpose and a mission.

I almost forgot that I have some gaps to fill in from an earlier post...
  • the Orderly -- A goon that drugs folks by shoving a veritable cornucopia of pharmaceuticals into the mouths of the unwilling. Barring being able to turn people into vegetables with pills, the Orderly is just as willing to beat a person into a mental lima bean.
  • Rubber Room -- What stretches through cracks? Chokes necks and breaks back? It would be the one they refer to as Rubber Room. That said, the pliant one shows a softer side at times, shielding innocent witnesses to the brutality that the Asylum practices on a routine basis.
  • Lobotomy -- Two drills, no waiting... Lobotomy is the tactician of the group, and is a highly skilled fighter with a mean streak a mile wide. His favorite trick is to grab a victim around the neck from behind and drill. Mess ensues...
  • E.S.T. -- The name is short for Electro-Shock Therapy, but the only folks getting short-circuited are his targets. Be prepared for pain and the smell of ozone when this guy hits the proverbial dance floor.
  • Dr. X -- All minds are pliant under to auspices of the "good doctor". Whether it's conjuring up nightmares or lulling victims off into hypnotic slumber, Dr. X seems to always have the right prescription on hand.
Once I get the background bits done and into the Hero Designer files, I will be more than willing to fire those files off to a few discernable folks for perusal. However, current players in my game need not apply for that job... =P

peace... GopherDave

3 comments:

  1. I like what I am seeing. About Lobotomy, how about giving him extra limbs, which would be these drills on arms, sorta like at the dentists office. That way he can grab someone and drill at the same time.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Tom: Y'know... I wish I had gotten that suggestion before I had sort of cemented Lobotomy's background in my head. =P That said, it does give me an idea for a potential "bonus" character. Not a member of the Asylum, but in fact, someone they themselves might actively go after. Hmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I kinda figured that you already had these guys sorted out when I posted but then I figured, what the hey! Anytime you want to bounce something off of someones head I am available. Just don't try bouncing anything too hard. I might get a concussion.

      Delete