Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Day 207 of 362

Yes, I am very brown today... even the pants... sue me.

It's Wednesday and we're back to our regular shipping schedule. I'm actually ahead of the curve and up for once. Thus, after I drop Loquacious off at work, I'm heading to the store to wait for packages. Then it will be time to take the new web site for a spin and see how well it automatically updates.

Our DC Adventures game didn't meet last night due to family crisis on the GMs part. Things are back to "normal", but it happened too late to put things together for a session. While I am bummed that things didn't happen (no Marathon for GopherDave... crud), I am more relieved that the crisis turned out okay, and that things are back to normal in KnightErrantJR's world. He's as good a man as I've ever known... he deserves normal and boring in regard to real life.

Looking at the post cost, I noticed we are dangerously close to post number 250 on this rag. I remember promising something big for that milestone, but I won't lie... It's not happening. There's too many things going on right now for it to even THINK about happening, not the least of which is my and Loq's upcoming anniversary (our 20th)... I have an idea for a gift (finally), now I just need to make it happen.

Beyond all of that, things at the store progress as well as can be expected. I'm still looking into slatwall. It's going to happen, but the big debate currently is whether we get panels with aluminum-reinforced channels or panels without. Without is WAY cheaper now, but may end up costing us more in the long run due to paying for panel replacement... Yaaaayyyy... more things I'm not equipped to think about. Have I ever mentioned that my background/schooling involves Mass Communications/Radio-TV studies and Foodservice? There's NOTHING in there dealing with retail... sigh...

-- GopherDave

No comments:

Post a Comment