Thursday, July 28, 2011

Day 208 of 362

It's currently 89 degrees... I'm wearing a black sweater vest... I sure hope the tie clips I ordered are waiting for me at the store 'cause I don't think I'll be wearing this for very long...

Yeah... getting a WAY late start on the day, but I'm not minding it.

I spent part of that time watching American: the Bill Hicks Story. It was actually really good, and while a bit fluffy in places, a pretty candid look into the life of one of our country's unsung comedic geniuses. Recommended.

By the way, if I haven't said it before, I'll say it now. Netflix streaming through an XBox 360... winning.

Tonight I get to play in the one HERO System/Champions game I play in. I'm running a variant of the VERY first Champions character I ever made (back in 1984), an "energy" blaster called The Dark. I say variant, because while the powers set is almost identical to any other version, the person behind the powers is different. It's an interesting experiment for me. Oddly enough, the original persona behind the Dark is much of what's powering my current DC Adventures character, Marathon.

Hmm... that might make for an interesting blog post... going through all the "superhero" characters I've made for RPGs over the years and reflecting back on them... That'll be a helluva long list, because there's been several...

peace... GopherDave

No comments:

Post a Comment