Sunday, January 29, 2012

Yearly Armageddon -- Day 2

Some gray... some blue... some black on the bottom... not bad, if I do say so myself...

It's early in the day as I write this part... after some events happen and I take some more pictures, I'll elaborate a bit...

Let's just set this up by saying that myself, Skribl, and HiSign will be running an MtG Pre-Release tourney at the store, while Loquacious, K, and KnightErrantJR watch the booth at the convention until I can get there.

...And I would add pictures from both the pre-release and the convention if I hadn't left the memory stick for the camera at home... sigh... If that's the only thing that goes wrong today, it'll be a good day...

Pre release is good though... We went four deep into our list of alternates as we had two "call-offs", one late, and one dropped. Thus, we have thirty-six people in the store slingin' Magic cards...

The convention seems to be going well, based on Loq's reports. I'll find out more when I get there...

...and I'm there... Based on my overview of the room, things seem down quite a bit. When I checked the numbers, though, it seems that we're up about 25% over last year. Oddly enough, convention attendance is down about the same percentage, but they are setting records for the number of "butts in seats" playing games during many of the slots...

Finally, I do one thing to add... If you run a business with some form of remote sales (such as conventions or open markets), if you haven't already done so, get yourself a Square. Ours have been a dream and I can't imagine doing sales at a convention without them...

--- GopherDave

No comments:

Post a Comment