Friday, July 08, 2011

Day 188 of 362


It's Friday, so that means Friday  Night Magic. I expect it to be a hopping one as Skribl will not be there tonight. He usually helps at the store, but he's got other plans, so I'm flying (mostly) solo. Hi-Sign has agreed to help out a bit, so some pressure will be off... ...but that leads us to tomorrow. Saturday is the Pre-Release tourney for the next MtG core set, M12. Yeah, like most pre-releases, I expect this to be off the hook bonkers, but they're also a lot of fun and lucrative for the store, so...

Last night, my Deathwatch campaign was handed over to one of the players on sort of a sour note. Basically, the ending devolved into a slight rules argument over Squad Mode abilities and how they interacted with each other. I will admit, I have BARELY read the rules for this game due to time and the fact that things in the Deathwatch books aren't laid out terribly well, but I was fairly certain I was correct on how some things were supposed to work. It turns out I was MOSTLY right... there's still a bit of contention over when a ROUND ends, but I'm letting that go as it's no longer my concern.

The game had been hovering in the no-fun zone for me for a while now, and it was showing. GODS, was it showing. Last night just pushed it over the edge. I do believe I've handed it off to someone who loves it more and has a better handle on it than I could ever hope to have. Thank you and good luck, DDS... you'll need it.

peace... GopherDave

No comments:

Post a Comment