Wednesday, May 30, 2012

It's Early Days Yet...


Long nights sometimes lead into early days, and today is one of those times. There are a handful of errands that have to be run before the store opens and if I am to get at least the bulk of them accomplished, I need to be out of the house by 8AM. Sooner would be better...

Loquacious is getting ready to set up the RPG she wants to run, and I'm happy for her. We have carved out a place in the schedule for the game and now it's just a matter of getting it started. Me? I'm still trying to find the system that tweaks most of the correct buttons. The more I look, the more I am thinking that I need to just write what I am looking for, which then delays the game further. As much as I like creating game systems I just don't have the time necessary for me to do so currently. HHRRRRRMMMMM...

I am taking time just looking for the "right" system, time I could use to write and construct... Stupid, logical conclusions driven by creative urges...

How's a guy supposed to just relax, pet his dog, eat chips, and watch N.C.I.S. with his brain twitching like this?

-- GopherDave

2 comments:

  1. When my bran twitches I pour smoe milk on it...that usually does the trick. But seriously, it can be difficult to find the time to work on a set of rules for a game, especially if you are chomping at the bit to run something.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh... yeah, when my "bran" twitches milk becomes my weapon of choice as well...

    Yep, it is incredibly difficult for someone like me to find time to work on things when I want to run something. It's even more difficult when I can't seem to carve out regular time for my family, let alone time to work on projects. The store needs constant attention if it is going to continue to grow, and I will be the first to say that I need a break...

    However, Loquacious and I love our store, and we have poured huge chunks of our souls into it. I really could not abandon it if I tried... not for long, anyway... out of respect for what we have built thus far...

    Which makes it difficult for me to work on things...

    Yay! Circular Behavior Patterns!!! Woooooo!!!!

    ReplyDelete