Saturday, June 02, 2012

Ch-ch-ch-changes...


A number of changes are affecting our household. The most noticeable of which is Skribl's increasing Independence. He has a driver's license and access to a car that is 5% his (one payment to Mom & Dad down, nineteen more to go). To say that he is reveling in his new found freedom is an understatement. Skribl is changing right before our eyes, and it is amazing to see. He is a good person, and a fine Young man. I'm very amazed that he turned out as well as he did given the fact that *I* had a hand in raising him... and... in so many ways... he is a younger version of myself, though he thankfully has his mother's maturity at that age.

Tonight at the store was Friday Night Magic. While it wasn't as busy as it has been in prior weeks, we still had 28 people playing, so a good turnout was had. It's hard to believe that this one game has brought the store the prosperity that it has. We do well with other stuff (most notably, board games), but Magic: the Gathering feels like we are printing money at times. That being said, it *is* a very good game. One of the best core game designs to come down the pipe in decades when it was first introduced.
Beyond that, I'm just sitting at the store running the after-FNM event and realizing that it is now my parent's 54th wedding anniversary. Damn, that's a long time to be married. The Loquacious one and I are working on our 21st year together as a married couple. Though we have our issues to this day, I can't imagine her not being in my life. She's my angel... pure and simple.

Now, I'm off to try to stay awake and think about game stuff. I need to get something down... It is starting to be "poop or get off the pot" time...

-- GopherDave

No comments:

Post a Comment