Tuesday, September 04, 2012

An Extended Weekend...


Hey all... This was an extended weekend for most folks, and for once, me included!

On Saturday, I ended up going over to Terre Haute to check out ISU-Con. It's a small convention put on by the Indiana State University Gaming Guild as sort of a recruitment drive function. The price was free, so even if the convention seemed a tad ill-organized, I sort got what I paid for. I was there for Saturday afternoon, and there were about 100 people milling about. I played in a Call of Cthulhu game and had some fun there. I had intended to stay for the evening session, but my intestinal tract got the best of me and I bailed a bit early. Overall, not bad. With some actual organization behind it, they have the foundation to be a fairly good regional convention. We'll see where it goes.

Sunday night I got to hang out with some friends, one I hadn't seen in 25 years. That was fun. Much reminiscing over pizza was had and it did make me long somewhat for the "good old days". Thing is, my good old days never really stopped so much as evolved. Friends have left the area, but new friends have been acquired in an ever revolving circle. Owning the store has made that happen as much as anything else because running the store sort of forces me to meet new people as they walk into the shop. Thinking about it, my life isn't so bad friend-wise.

Labor Day, Loq and I went out and had lunch. We had more planned, but her feet and my back conspired to cut our day short. I'm really kind of sorry about that, because it cut our t8ime together short, and I need to find a way to make that up.

That's it for now... Off to the store to place orders and hold down the fort...

-- GopherDave

No comments:

Post a Comment