Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 138 of 362


Hey, whaddaya know... another day of me running late. I've a ton of stuff to do today, and waking up ninety minutes late isn't helping me get it done. Take in shipments, write out and pay store bills, restock soda, move tables for tonight's games, and take out trash are just some of the things I have to get done in the next four and a half hours.

While I'm here, I want folks that ever thought about owning a game store to look at the last sentence of the previous paragraph. It's not all fun and games. There's work to do... everyday... and folks need to keep that in mind. I've seen too many stores with way more potential than I see in our little one go down in flames because they were run/owned by people that refused to do the little things needed to keep a business running because those things aren't fun. Games are fun. Running a business? Running a business can be fun, but there are "not fun" parts of the job that need to be attended to. Well-run businesses stick around for the long haul, while mismanaged game stores do not.

Random food for thought... GopherDave

No comments:

Post a Comment