Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day 180 of 362


Another day, another (sort of) early start... I have a fair amount of outside the store things to do today, and I'm getting a late start on them. However, I'm not certain I care. They'll get done in their own time, and if I sweat it all, I stress out and get NOTHING accomplished.

On the plus/negative side, I had a great conversation with my oldest nephew the other night. It was great because I don't get to see him all that often (he lives out of state), and I know that he genuinely values my company and my opinion on whatever problems are on his mind. I love him dearly and I am always glad to help him straighten out whatever is on his mind. It was bad because, during our conversation, I picked up some previously-unknown-to-me tidbits about our shared family that changed the "family portrait" somewhat, and made that picture a touch uglier to look at. Overall, the conversation was more good than bad, but the bad part just reinforced that I had made a fantastic life decision in distancing myself from the bulk of my (non-wife, non-kids) family over the last couple of decades. The "family" is metaphorically just a black hole of constant drama that I, nor anyone else (especially my nephew), needs or wants to deal with...

In a much more positive light, today marks my 21st "unofficial anniversary" with Loquacious. It was on this day twenty-one years ago that we decided to start dating each other. We'll have been married for twenty years this August, and while it's been a roller coaster ride full of ups and downs, I couldn't ask for, nor dream of, a better partner to share life journey with. I love you, Angel... ...and I've got the ink to prove it.  =)

-- GopherDave

1 comment: