Thursday, April 05, 2012

Making Things Happen...


It's looking like a late night at the store. There are a number of codes to enter into the POS system for the new GW paints (which STILL haven't shown up yet), and it'll be easier to get them "pre-entered" as I found out that the Army Painter Warpaints line will be here tomorrow as well. Goody. The GW situation is not helped by the fact that all 145 paints are named with odd, setting-specific colors. It's not enough to call a paint "Yellow", but instead, it must be called something like "Flash Gitz Yellow". Yay!

As the physical restructuring of the store is winding down, my thoughts are wandering to improving the infrastructure a bit, and I am also mentally twonking on a separate (but related) enterprise that improve cash flow as well. Nothing is set in stone (until it is), but I think I have an idea that will make a few people in the world VERY happy. All they have to be is patient...

Well, GW paints won't enter themselves into the system (dammit)... Gotta go...

-- GopherDave

3 comments:

  1. AWESOME shirt and tie combo Dave!!
    Good luck on entering Ochre Jelly Green :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliment, Rick! I'm glad someone besides my wife is paying attention... =P

    As for the entering of paint into the POS system, once I got on an uninterrupted roll, entering all 145 items wasn't so bad. The new POS has a "copy item" function, so all I had to do was change the name and GW Number, then type in the barcode number (much of which was copy/paste all but the last four digits) and I was done with that particular item. Lather, rinse, repeat 144 more times and I was done in just over an hour. Tedious, but surprisingly simple.

    Now, I've only got other stuff to do... =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I once dealt with GW paints. Very odd names for what they did. I never did learn how to paint.

    ReplyDelete