Thursday, August 09, 2012

Impending... Something...


Okay, I leave for GenCon in less than a week and am *SUPREMELY* behind on a couple of projects. I have no doubt they will get (mostly) done before I leave, it'll just be easier on my mind if I know they are accomplished.

Now, here's the kicker... If these things are not done before I go, it's not the end of the world. In a lot of respects, the issues are very much first world business problems. I just have a touch of CDO and would really rest easier if things were put to bed.

As for the convention itself, I'm looking forward to it to some degree, though my "business owner's" mindset is making it very difficult to completely let go. I should not worry. I have perfectly competent folks manning the store while I am away. I'm just... me... which is to say I am a passive-aggressive control freak. Despite all of that, I know that I need this break more than I will admit to myself. So, I plan to have a great time...

In terms of gaming goodness, I plan to play a few games, hit up the Wyrd booth to check out the new Malifaux plastics, go to OtherWorld Designs and pick up some gaming-related garb, and just generally see what is new and exciting in terms of gaming. While tempted, I will probably not pick up a great deal of stuff. Loquacious and I own a game store after all, and can get much of anything we want that will be at GenCon for much cheaper (read: wholesale) if we are just patient about it. There is are a couple of items thought that, if they are there, I will be sorely tempted to pick up immediately. The main one is this...

I have loved this game ever since I played the original. I still consider it the best CCG ever created, and I wish I still had my batch of cards for it. Come to think about it, if I run into a dealer selling off bulk deals of the old cards, I will probably pick some up...

Hmmmmm....

-- GopherDave

3 comments:

  1. We'll be there Sat. and Sun. :) I'm looking forward to the main hall and playing some Are You the Werewolf. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very rare to find Netrunner cheap. I found a bunch of my old ones when moving the house, and I'm glad I did, because it was a great game (yeah, I won the very first sanctioned sealed tourney of Netrunner...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will do what I can to sniff out cheap Netrunner... I may also try to dig up some Ultimate Combat CCG cards. Another game that I enjoyed...

    ReplyDelete