Saturday, October 20, 2012

Like Mellow Lightning...

This was taken on Thursday. I totally forgot to finish my post.

...And this is Friday's ensemble...

Okay... The last couple of days have been interesting.

I have actually gotten more sleep over the last two days than I average in most weeks. You would think, as a result, I would be full of energy. Nothing could be further from the truth. In fact, had I not been needed to make draft at Friday Night Magic an even number of players, I think I would have gone home and taken a nap.

I have been cogitating on DICEBAG a bit, and I am not certain I want to introduce it to my current group even though that was the original intention. While they are not unintelligent folks, at least two of them are close to complete gaming "noobies" and I am not certain that the system will mesh well with them. DICEBAG requires a LOT of decision during combat, and our younger player is not the most decisive person, nor is he the most confident in what he is doing. It doesn't help that in an effort to "help" him, others at the table pressure him and question the decisions he does make. I do what I can to help mitigate this issue, but there are extenuating circumstances to it all that limit how much (even as the GM) I can step in.

As it goes, slow inspiration has been hitting. Now I just have to find time to get things written. Saturday is looking good. I have a couple of errands to do, then I have laundry to begin chewing through, but I should have some time to sort some thoughts. I also have Sunday afternoon to get some work done.

Now if I can get some things done without others intruding, that would be a minor act of a major deity...

-- GopherDave

No comments:

Post a Comment