Friday, October 12, 2012

Shields Are Down...


Both literally and figuratively...

I revised, expanded, and finished shield rules and materials for DICEBAG last night. Now to work on armor and weapons. I have those pretty much done for a fantasy setting, but they need help in being brought into the modern-day context.

On top of that, I found an old (and much more complete) weapons chart for an early version of the DICEBAG rules, complete with references to rules I had forgotten about when I redid the system. While more "realistic", the new/old rules complicate things a bit. They would not be difficult to implement in the current iteration of the system. They would just slow things down a fair chunk. That may be why I ditched them originally.

As I type, I am having thoughts of "optional" rules to make things either "cinematic" (quick and dirty rules that don't slow the game down too much) or "realistic" (rules that are not difficult to implement, but could cause extreme slowdown of play). Gah! Too much to worry about at this stage of things, but given how my mind works, I am already trying to think of ways to implement a simpler variation in a relatively painless manner.

Tonight, at the store, is Friday Night Magic. Part of me wants to either play or ditch to go home and write/revise rules once we've started. Not sure if that will happen though. Ditching on our busiest day of the week instills a chunk of guilt in me that feels like it weighs about twenty pounds...

We'll see what happens...

-- GopherDave

No comments:

Post a Comment