Saturday, February 02, 2013

Weekend Plans...


This weekend involves playing with some new toys. First up, the new Magic: the Gathering set (Gatecrash) dropped today/yesterday (it's way late as I write this). Sales for the set, despite the initial downward buzz I heard prior to today, have been *EXCEPTIONALLY* strong. The booster draft and sealed that happened at the store tonight had a large amount of excited and happy players. I like those kind of players... They make my life much easier...

The other new toy I plan to play with this weekend is Fractal Mapper 8.1. It's mapping software designed for the diagramming of campaign worlds and elements. My initial pass-through has been favorable, though I will admit to only a casual perusal thus far. My first thoughts are that it seems easier to use than Campaign Cartographer 2 PRO, which was good, but had a *VERY* high learning curve. Anywho... I plan to futz around with it and dig a bit deeper into what it can do... I'm hoping I can pick it faster than CC2, and my experience with the previous program means that while I may have to un-learn some things, it should overall be easier to get up and running.

Now... now it is 3:40AM or so, and I must bed, as I have to be up at the store by 11AM.

'Night all...

-- GopherDave

No comments:

Post a Comment