Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day 16 of 362


I found another vest I had buried that actually fits, so there's one more for the rotation until the store vests come in. The tie brings shades of the 80's back as it's the same necktie I wore to my high school graduation. Totally tubular, dude!

The more I do this whole "dress up" thing, the more it becomes habit and less "special". Still, it keeps me on point with the task I've set for myself of improving the store.

One thing I have definitely noticed is when I go out for errands before I go to the store, I get treated much differently than I did before. Looking like a schlub with no money, it took a small act of a deity to get any help if I needed it. Now, the moment I even *LOOK* like I need some help, it seems that sales people fall over themselves to make certain I am taken care of. It's a good feeling. If you haven't done it before, I recommend trying it as a social experiment.

If nothing else, you'll look good and you'll know it, which should at least bring a small smile to your face.

peace... GopherDave

No comments:

Post a Comment