Friday, March 25, 2011

Day 84 of 362


It's Friday so that means Friday Night Magic. Tonight's turnout is looking pretty good already.

We have a few errands to run before we hit the store, but we are currently on track.

Myself, the family, and some of the other Gophers went and watched Sucker-Punch last night. Visually, it's arresting and stunning. Story-wise... the pacing seems rushed, and it tries to work on three different levels of reality. I'm not sure I get, but it is like when I went and watched Akira for the first time. I didn't get Akira at first, either, but a second viewing of it made everything click into place for me. That's the same-feeling I got watching Sucker-Punch. I'm not getting it, but comprehension isn't far behind.

I will watch Sucker-Punch again when it hits video/DVD/Blu-Ray in the holiday season. I might get it then...

peace... GopherDave

No comments:

Post a Comment