Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Day 144 of 362


Wow... that took forever. Anyone else been getting "server rejected" messages when they have tried to upload pics today? I just had to sign out, back out of Internet Explorer, restart IE, re-sign in to Blogger to get a picture to load. I've never had that issue before. Hmmm...

This is already on top of a semi-crappy day when I woke up to take the wife to work. Got in the car... drove half a block to the corner... turn the corner... hear "fwap-fwap-fwap". Yep... flat tire. So, I'm running late, but today is not from oversleeping. $200 and ninety minutes later from towing and tire replacement and I'm back on the road. Now, before anyone asks...

  1. I suck with tools...
  2. I had not even looked at the spare tire in the seven years I've owned the car. I'm pretty certain it's dry-rotted.
  3. Even if I did not suck with tools and all things mechanical, between my back, my hip, and my knee, I'm not changing a tire if I don't have to.

Luckily, I have money, and the desire to provide some other, more mechanically-inclined folks some job security. Go me.

Now I'm off to the store to catch up on things there. A big shout out to the lovely Loquacious for her help in all this today. =)

Beyond that, I'll blog at ya later...

-- GopherDave

No comments:

Post a Comment