Saturday, June 18, 2011

Day 168 of 362


It's been a good day here at the Gopher thus far. So good that I almost forgot to post this today.

I'm already catching a bit of flak (in private e-mails) for the rant of my previous post. I apologize that my opinion about Free RPG Day has upset some folks, but something strikes me as wrong about how it's been set up thus far.

I absolutely LOVE the idea behind it. What I don't like is the driving force behind the event is the only one making any direct money (and a sizable chunk) off of it, but the rest of us are supposed to do it "for the love of the hobby". I have no problem loving the hobby. I've put many hours into RPG games. Whether it's writing, running sessions, selling books, or helping organize convention events, I have devoted the bulk of my life to it, at times placing my health and marriage in jeopardy.

Our store runs runs a sizable amount of games, and I do my level best to make certain those games have their space.

I can say, without an ounce of doubt in my body, that I *LOVE* RPG'S.

What I don't love is when an industry "force" tries to use guilt and peer pressure to give them money.

-- GopherDave

No comments:

Post a Comment