Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Day 256 of 362

Yep... not at the store, but still wearing the uniform. You might even get some face pics of me during this trip.

Hey there, all...

It's just past 11AM, and I am about ready to leave for Madison. Trouble is, HighSign won't get here until about 1:30PM or so.

*sigh*

I ended up awakening about two hours earlier than I planned due to some family stuff that needed  to be addressed. Once it was all done, I figured "why should go back to sleep", and so I started the day.

For those of you who don't know what's happening, I (and HighSign) are going up for ACD Games Day. ACD Distribution is one of the largest game distributors in the nation, and they happen to be the primary distributor for the store. Each year, they hold this shindig where various game manufacturers ply us liquor and try to convince us we should by their games, as opposed to games from all of the OTHER manufacturers who happen to be there as well.

I went last year, and I picked up some useful tidbits, but not enough to really make me want to go again. Then I did a bit of research and found that the show is still in its formative years, and that I wasn't really going there for the rah-rah manufacturer seminars. I was going there to network with other store owners. Hopefully, by this time next year, we'll have an adult employee who can be trusted with the store, because networking is something that Loquacious is VERY, VERY GOOD at. Skribl's great, and we trust him with the store, but there are a few things going against him currently. One, he's 17 and still in high school, so his time is quite limited. Two, if Lo and I were gone, he'd have no way to the store. So, it's me and HighSign, a good friend who used to be part of another retail concern in town, while Loquacious mans the fort.

There are a few things I want to do this trip in relation to my gaming situation. Mostly a lot of thinking and a little work (if I can find time). We'll see how things go. I'm supposed to network, but I am fighting something illness-wise, so I may end in my room more than I'd like... =/

-- GopherDave

No comments:

Post a Comment