Saturday, September 24, 2011

Day 266 of 362

Look ma... no khaki!

It is now the main day of the MtG: Innistrad Pre-Release idiocy... I was at the store for 18+ hours yesterday/this morning. I have taken a 2-hour nap. Amazingly, though I am tired and I can physically feel my immune system hating me right now, I'm pretty much ready to get back at it.

I tend to get jazzed for "big events" and can usually power my way through just about anything in terms of fatigue while things are in the midst of happening. At the end, though, my body hates me, and lets me know how much... I remember when I ran events during all nine time slots of the local game convention. I got through it all rather handily (or so I thought), only to have my body lay the hell out with a week-long illness that had my body temperature spiking at 104 degrees Fahrenheit. That sucked bawls... there is no other way to put it.

Tonight, I'll get a bit of a break as Lo' will come oversee the store during the main part of this evening's event, which will let me come home and get a touch of rest, then I go back at it again for the finale.

Go me... yay me... ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz...

-- GopherDave

No comments:

Post a Comment