Tuesday, April 24, 2012

As Things Roll On...


Today has been a weird day already. I have been tired and irritable for apparently no good reason. Little things are setting me off. Tonight, Skribl is watching the store and I'm off at a quiet place where folks cannot ask me questions they already know the answer to.

I was supposed to have a game tonight, but PapaJosh is feeling under the weather. I don't mind, though. The way I'm feeling, I would have probably snapped at someone at the game.

As it goes, I have forgotten about the deluge of product that people want to trade in right before a new MtG set comes out. With that, I have been answering MtG questions a *LOT* today, and I do not have anymore in me.

After the last few weeks, I can see why people get burned out on doing this... why we end up with "comic book guy" store owners... Mayhaps it's been happening a while, but I am *REALLY* starting to feel it. I'm not sure what I can do about it either. People will ask me if there is something they can do to help, and I honestly cannot answer them currently. I sort of know what is going on, but I am not for certain it's what I am thinking, so nothing I am thinking is concrete.

I hate dealing with wispy, nebulous thoughts, but that's all I have right now. Sorry...

-- GopherDave

2 comments:

  1. Happy to lend you an ancient rifle ("deactivated", missing firing pin) and manual to practice assembly and dis-assembly... I find myself doing things like this more often after long days dealing with things I'd rather not... :-) Not much help, but...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to do some painting. Painting usually gets my mind into a sort of Zen state. It seems to help.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete