Sunday, April 08, 2012

Thankful Beyond Normal...


Sunday... Went and ran a short game today. Short enough that I could come home and change clothing as opposed to doing it in the store. So, the blog stuff can be done before I go relieve HiSign at the store. It's the night where we do floors at the store, so I have to be there.

Overall, It's been a "meh" day thus far, mostly due to it being a religious holiday. Now that I think about it, I am glad I no longer do the restaurant work I did a few years back at the breakfast-oriented  place I used to work at. Each Easter, the Korean churches in the area would hold Midnight masses, and then when things were done somewhere in the 6AM range on Sunday, they would descend upon the place I worked like a swarm of locusts. It was good for business, and they were not bad customers. It was just shocking to be instantly balls-out busy when we opened the doors at 6:30 or 7:00AM when we were not used to it. I am glad I don't do that anymore. Between that and graduation at the local University, it made some Sundays incredibly stressful in the short term sense.

I've said it before, and I'll repeat it. If you ever have the chance to be your own boss, take it... You'll never work for anyone better... =P

-- GopherDave

No comments:

Post a Comment