Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Routine *IS* Too Much To Ask For Sometimes...


Okay... just as things at the store is starting to settle back down at the store into some sort of routine, some other stuff is rearing its head that may force me to deal with it. I don't really mind, though. The matters in question are forcing me into the role of protector, which I am pretty good at in a lot of ways. Protection usually means that there is or is about to be conflict. I like conflict. I am *VERY* good at confrontation. Give me some reasons to be righteous in a conflict, such as having to protect someone I love, and I am in Heaven.

That all being said, I am actually going to look for a less confrontational way to resolve these matters first. Why? Well... when I get into a confrontational mindset, I tend to get a bit... brusque... and chaotic. The resulting chaos sometimes means that I inadvertently damage those I am trying to protect during the process of protecting them. I'm trying to avoid incidental damage if I can, and minimize it if I cannot.

It's a fine balance, and its a balance I don't always keep...

-- GopherDave

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could like this more. You are a wonderful, amazing man. I know I can always count on you to make me feel safe.

    ReplyDelete