Friday, June 08, 2012

Avalanches Start Small...


Okay, with a plan in place, things are actually shaping up in my head in terms of games. I do want to run another superhero game as a campaign, but that might take a slight back burner until I lay a few more details out for the convention in January.

I want to run about three or four games within a variety of genres, and I think I have them scoped out already in my mind...

Western
Modern-Day Conspiracy
Post-Apocalyptic Low Fantasy
Sci-Fi/Space Opera

Just looking at the list of genres already has the ideas flowing wildly. This... this could be good... =)

-- GopherDave

3 comments:

  1. Western
    Modern-Day Conspiracy
    Post-Apocalyptic Low Fantasy
    Sci-Fi/Space Opera

    Interesting, because there are similarities between some of these genres, particularly Western and Post apocalyptic, and possibly sci fi (Serenity).

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You own more ties than I have seen in my lifetime.

    That said, looking forward to hearing what you come up with. Especially curious about your Sci-Fi/Space Opera (as that's a favorite subject) and Western (because that's one of my least favorite and I've love to know what you do with it. Now I've run some Westerns that were real humdingers in spite or because of of my feelings on the genre).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom: I have ideas already laid out in my head for two of them, and core bits in mind for all of them. It is kind of frightening how quickly things are mentally falling into place. If the system were done, I could honestly have this all ready to go by GenCon with ease. Having to do the system, it's going to take me a bit longer.

    BA: Yeah, I own a lot of neckwear. Thing is, there's a LOT of them you are not seeing because I have gained enough weight over the years that regular length ties don't look good on me anymore. They're too short. If I were to lose about 70 pounds, my necktie pool would more than double.

    As for the games, I should have (and will be posting) event blurbs by late Sunday evening. With those written, I should also have the outline/plot points of each adventure sketched out as well, but I won't be revealing those due to fear of revealing too much to those who might play... =)

    ReplyDelete