Sunday, March 11, 2012

Ice Cream, Canned Spinich, and Oatmeal...

New shirt... check. New tie... check. New pants... check. Lint brush for the black sweater... nowhere to be found. *sigh*

Ice Cream: The Terracide game was fun last night. I still think something feels like it's missing, but the tone and flavor of the game are changing. As a group we managed to bring three ships into the fold of the swelling "revolution", at the cost of our own. At the end of it all, we ended up with a bigger ship, though none of the players are terribly happy on how it went down. We liked our ship...

Canned Spinach: I had to correct/call out a group of players at the store for their behaviour two weeks ago during their last session. I hate doing stuff like this because at least a couple of them are *REALLY* good friends, but they were out of line and acted like children. I treated them as such. I don't know how effective it will be because as I spoke, I felt my own anger rise and I know I started to become a bit incoherent due to my emotions... I stepped away and ended it before I had said everything I had wanted, but I was heading toward an area of my psyche I've long been trying to keep locked down, and it would have been *TRULY* ugly.

Oatmeal: Not fond of the stuff. I'll eat it if it's all there is to consume, but I won't enjoy it. That describes the last part of my day that will happen later. One of the area gaming icons passed away this week, and his memorial service is later today. We weren't close, but we respected each other for what we had done in the local gaming scene. In addition, though he was not a personal friend, the man was a friend to many people I hold dear to me, and founder of a scene that has brought me great times, a sense of belonging, a fantastic wife, and, indirectly, a store. For all of that, the least I owe him is a remembrance...

-- GopherDave

No comments:

Post a Comment