Saturday, September 22, 2012

Grunt...


It's uber-late as I write this. Fridays at the store tend to leave me with little time to do much extra. Currently, the After-FNM event is happening and I will be here for another couple of hours or so.

In general, I don't mind it all going down. It makes for late nights, but nights like this will pale in comparison to next weekend with the Friday night into Saturday all day pre-release events for what is looking to be the most overpowered set of Magic: the Gathering to be released yet. My basic schedule looks like I will be here all of Friday into Saturday until about 6:30AM. After a small nap, if I have time to take one, I'll be back at it at 10AM until things wrap up around 2AM Sunday morning. All told, it'll be close to 40 hours at the store for the stretch. Good thing I can sleep when I'm dead.

Beyond all of that, things are going okay. I'm just tired, and it doesn't look like I will be getting much work done on the games tonight. I kind of expected that though. Maybe when things are done, or perhaps sometime on Saturday since I don't have to work that day. I do have Shady's Terracide game, but I still don't get to play Xia Ling-Jian, my Asian racist bastard starship captain. The guy I am playing is okay, and he's good for a laugh, but it hasn't been the same... That gets fixed next month, though, from what I here.

Good... I need some role-playing bite to churn my thoughts...

-- GopherDave

No comments:

Post a Comment