Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 30 of 362/Winter War, Day 3

This was my first time experimenting with a collar bar...

...and cuff links. Like the picture above, I'm still a bit fuzzy on how I feel about them yet.
Day three of three-hour naps. Still stylin' and profilin'... and still very, VERY SLEEPY. Overall, it's been a good weekend with great friends.

We've had lots of help and encouragement from the Gophers (our friends and customers), and that has made things run a lot smoother. Now if they could only sleep for me, I might be okay.

I will expand this post later, as I am running late because I took a three-and-a-half-hour nap. Bad GopherDave... No biscuit. =P

Until Later... GD

It's later...

The convention is over. A good (and profitable time) was had by myself and the rest of the Gopher crew. I have a few pictures to go through before I post some of the better ones on the blog.

Overall reaction to my new look was positive. I received many compliments on the whole cuff links/collar bar look for today. After wearing the two items all day, the jury is still out on them. I feel like my arms are practically swimming in a french cuff shirt. I'll probably try it a few more times to really get a feel for it. As it goes, if I'm going to do this on a regular basis, I should get more than one pair of cuff links, just to keep things interesting and open up options.

The collar bar thing is actually pretty good, but I think I have to get the bar replaced. When they electroplated it one end was semi-fused closed. I managed to get it open, but there is a rough spot in the opening that will play hell with the shirts. We'll see what can be done.

Now... I'm exhausted... It's bed time...

-- GopherDave

2 comments:

  1. I like the tie/vest combo. Wish I'd seen you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I've never seen a collar bar before. It looks like some sort of extreme tie piercing.

    BTW, this is Matt G. Have been enjoying the blog for a while now!

    ReplyDelete