Saturday, January 08, 2011

Day 8 of 362

One my recent acquisitions from www.thetiebar.com. I seriously like the herringbone texture of the tie.

Well, I've technically passed the one week date of doing this. So far, no real regrets. Only minor annoyances in regard to body temperature. Translation: People in the store are cold while I am comfortable. Action: I turn the heat up a couple of degrees and sweat a little for their comfort. It's a small price to pay. We'll see what happens when the "Store Sweaters" finally get here. They're 100% Acrylic which means they'll be VERY WARM, but I'll adjust.

Today is a light day on the store schedule in terms of events. I have a HERO System 6E/Champions game that I am GM'ing later on tonight. It's been a while since we last played, so I will have to go over some notes (ha!) to get things back on track.

As for store business, the boy (our son) and I are going to organize some M:tG uncommon playsets, price them, and then fold them into the for sale stock. Then, if we're feeling up to it, we have a fair number of uncommon cards to fold into the loose cards box from which we build playsets. This is called tedious busywork, kids, and it's the kind of work you hire employees for. It's also the kind of behind the scenes work that will build sales for your store, so don't neglect it.

After all... ...it's all in the details.

peace... GopherDave

No comments:

Post a Comment